- Taverna: the Taverna Workflow Management System which includes the Taverna Workbench and other supporting products and services provided by the Taverna project http://www.taverna.org.uk
- Taverna Team (or “We”): The providers and management of Taverna
- User: person, institution or program using Taverna
- Registrant: person who has registered their usage of Taverna
- Anyone may register their usage of Taverna.
- All details provided at registration time will be kept private and used for analytical purposes only. We may contact you using these details if you have opted in for e-mail pertaining to relevant news and updates.
- Any personal information provided will be handled in accordance with the United Kingdom’s Data Protection legislation. No personal data shall be made public without prior consent from the User.
- If you would have any Data Protection or Freedom of Information requests pertaining to Taverna please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester
M13 9PL, UK
Note: There may be a charge for this service.
Content and Services
- Taverna is available free of charge to be used by any individual and for any purpose except where specific restrictions are indicated.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of any data, software or services appearing in or connected via Taverna for any purpose and accept no responsibility for consequences of their use.
- We do not guarantee copyrights, patent rights, brand rights, or any other rights belonging to third parties, with regards to data, software or services appearing in Taverna.
- We decline any responsibility concerning the content and use of other services and web services reached from or connected to Taverna.
- We regard the nature of the work carried out by any individual User as confidential; We have no access to what users do with Taverna.
- We will make all reasonable effort to maintain continuity of Taverna and provide adequate warning of any changes or discontinuities. However, we accept no responsibility for the consequences of any temporary or permanent discontinuity to Taverna.
- We place no restrictions on the use or redistribution of the Member-generated content available via Taverna. However, some of the content may be subject to patent, copyright, or other intellectual property rights claimed by third parties. It is the responsibility of Users of Taverna to ensure that their exploitation of the data does not infringe the rights of such third parties
- Anyone may use the source code of Taverna consistent with the Lesser Gnu Public License version 2 (LGPL) (unless licensed otherwise, in which case the relevant license is applicable).
- We kindly ask for attribution if you use Taverna in any subsequent product, service, proposal or paper.
Withdrawal of Service
- If any User exploits Taverna to a level that prevents, or looks set to prevent the Taverna Team from providing its services to others, then we may discontinue some or all services to that User.
- Any feedback on Taverna will be treated as non-confidential unless the individual or organisation providing the feedback states otherwise.