Taverna Workbench 2.x is a redesign of the Taverna Workbench 1.7.x series from the ground up. It has a greater emphasis on scalability to enable the manipulation of larger and more diverse data.
In addition to the improvements to the engine, Taverna Workbench 2.x provides more support for workflow design with a graphical workflow editor for direct manipulation of the workflow diagram, context-specific views over Web services and other resources, and standard editing facilities such as copy/paste and undo/redo.
For a list of our plans on adding new features to Taverna, please see the Taverna Roadmap.
A list of available documentation for Taverna 2.x includes:
- Glossary of terms
- Quick start guide
- User Manual
- Migrating from 1.7.x
- Example workflows to help you get started with Taverna 2.x
- Service sets for various domains
- Provenance management in Taverna
- Taverna 2.x Command Line Tool and how to use it
- Taverna 2.x Server (REST API, SOAP API explained) and how to use it
- DataViewer Tool for viewing result data
- Developers’ wiki containing the Developers’ guide and more