Taverna Workbench 2 is a redesign of the Taverna Workbench 1.7.x series from the ground up. It has a greater emphasis on scalability to enable the manipulation of larger and more diverse data.
In addition to the improvements to the engine, Taverna Workbench 2 provides more support for workflow design with a graphical workflow editor for direct manipulation of the workflow diagram, context-specific views over Web services and other resources, and standard editing facilities such as copy/paste and undo/redo.
For a list of our plans on adding new features to Taverna, please see the Taverna Roadmap.
A list of available documentation for Taverna 2 includes:
- Glossary of terms
- Quick start guide
- User Manual
- Example workflows to help you get started with Taverna 2.x
- Service sets for various domains
- 10 Best practices for workflow design (slides)
- Provenance management in Taverna
- Taverna 2.x Command Line Tool and how to use it
- Taverna 2.x Server (REST API, SOAP API explained) and how to use it
- Taverna Player
- Various plugins for Taverna
- DataViewer Tool for viewing result data
- Developers’ wiki containing the Developers’ guide and more